Alpacka Raft Packrafts
Pack Raft Australia is the the Australian retailer of premium quality Alpacka Raft packrafts. We sell all current Alpacka packraft models, including the 2017 revised Alpacka Series, the performance Gnarwhal, Alpackalypse - the original whitewater packraft , lightweight minimalist packraft the Scout and the two person Gnu packraft for hunters, fishermen, families and adventure races alike. All Alpacka Rafts are hand made, built to order in Colorado, USA. Do yourself a favour, invest in the best, buy an Alpacka Raft packraft.
Alpacka Series - Size L/XL
Alpacka Series - Size L/XL
Our listed pricing on all Alpacka Raft packrafts is in Australian Dollars ($AUD). We save you the headache and complete customs clearance and all import paperwork for you and deliver to your door. Our pricing is inclusive of all applicable import duties, taxes & customs broker/clearance fees.
With over 240 custom build configuration combinations in the Alpacka Series alone, we let you choose what's right for you, and place build orders direct with with our mates over at Alpacka Raft.
Hand crafted with utmost precision and pride in Colorado, USA, your new packraft is totally worth the wait.
*** All packrafts are built to order and will be delivered to you within 4-6 weeks.***
High performance, ultralight, and bombproof. Now in its 17th year of production, the Alpacka Raft Series is time tested and proven as the most trusted, most versatile, and most imitated packraft ever. With four sizes available in Open, Self Bailing, and three spray deck configurations, together with Alpacka Raft's innovative Cargo Fly internal gear storage system, you can customise your Alpacka Raft Series packraft for any adventure.
The Alpacka Raft – The One and Only
- Handmade in Mancos, Colorado, USA
- New one-way valve that provides high pressure inflation and easy deflation with a quick twist of the valve core
- Factory installed stainless D-Rings for installing our Custom Foam Backband
- 4 bow grab loops and 2 stern grab loops
- Available in Open, Self Bailer, Cruiser Deck, Whitewater Deck, or Removable WW Deck configurations
- Available with Optional Cargo Fly with Roll-Top Internal Dry Bags
- Available in 210-denier High Count Nylon (100/200-denier Vectran®, or 400-denier Vectran®Tubes are available but special order, contact Packraft Australia to discuss).
- 840-denier Nylon Floor
- Includes: Seat, Inflatable Back Rest, Inflation bag, stuff sack, and basic repair kit.
*** ALL OUR PACKRAFTS ARE CUSTOM MADE TO ORDER. DELIVERED TO YOU WITHIN 4-6 WEEKS.***
The Alpacka Series continues the tradition of the original Alpacka Raft line-up of the Alpaca, Yak, Llama, and Mule. For 17 years running, they have been the unquestioned leader of packrafting innovation, performance, and quality. From a day at your local river, to epic traverses across the most remote locations on the planet, to self supported Franklin River trips, the Alpacka Series is time tested and proven as the highest performance, most trusted, and most reliable packraft on earth. Its also the most customisable packraft available with 200+ optioned build configurations: four sizes, six fabric/colour options, and five different build configurations to choose from, and all with the option of adding our innovative Cargo Fly internal gear storage system.
For 2017, Alpacka Raft have kept the classic design, but added a few tweaks to make the Alpacka Series better than ever. A new primary one-way valve that offers high pressure inflation and easy deflation with a quick turn of the valve core, two lightweight welded stainless D-rings for installing Alpacka Raft upgradable custom foam backband, and two ultralight handles installed on the inside of the tubes for easier carrying and portaging. The Whitewater Spray Deck has also been updated with a larger cockpit and deeper 1-piece coaming that matches our Whitewater Series packrafts and provides a more secure Velcro-free interface with the spray skirt. Also a new option, a removable Whitewater Spray Deck that has the same cockpit configuration as the standard Whitewater Deck but can be removed from the boat for flatwater days via a zipper like the on all Cruiser Spray Decks.
Looking for thigh straps? Alpacka Raft no longer offer thigh straps as a factory option on the Alpacka Series and the attachment points are no longer included on the Self Bailer configuration, but the all new Gnarwhal Whitewater Series raft comes available in Self Bailer, Whitewater Deck, and Removable Whitewater Deck Configurations – all with Alpacka's patent pending thigh straps factory installed!
- Open – The Open configuration is the simplest and lightest full featured packraft available. Its perfect for anything where you don’t need the extra protection and performance of a spray deck or self bailer. All Open Alpacka Raft models come with a standard seat and inflatable backrest which now be upgraded to Alpacka's custom foam backand.
- Self Bailer – The Self Bailer configuration is ideal for warmer climates, quick entry and exit, whitewater performance, and anyone that prefers a self bailing setup. Our self bailing design separates the inflatable self bailing floor into two pieces with a lightweight 3/4 length 7-inch thick seat in the rear that is protected by a sleeve and a heavier duty baffled insert in the front that keeps your feet up and out of the water. All Self Bailer Alpacka Raft models include the two piece self bailing floor and inflatable back rest which can now be upgraded to Alpacka's custom foam backand.
- Cruiser Deck – The Cruiser Deck is our simplest and lightest deck and designed keep you drier and warmer than an open boat in whitewater, wind, and rain. The Cruiser Deck attaches along the left boat tube and up the left side of the torso with Velcro, which easily comes apart in the event of a wet-exit. An inflatable pillow sheds water and keeps water from pooling in your lap. The deck can be mostly removed when not needed, leaving only the zippered outline and a small panel in the bow. Compared with the Whitewater Decks, the Cruiser Deck is much lighter and simpler with no extra parts to keep track of, but is not nearly as dry when paddling in whitewater or taking waves over the bow. All Cruiser Deck Alpacka Raft models come with the Cruiser Deck, standard seat, and an inflatable backrest which can now be upgraded to Alpacka's custom foam backand.
- Whitewater Deck – The Whitewater Deck is our driest and warmest configuration and our recommendation for cold climates with significant whitewater and any paddler that wants to stay as dry and warm as possible. The 2017 Whitewater Deck is an updated design with a larger cockpit, one-piece coaming, and a more secure Velcro free spray skirt/deck interface. All Whitewater Deck Alpacka Raftmodels come with the Whitewater Deck, 1-piece coaming, spray skirt, standard seat, and an inflatable backrest which can be now be upgraded to Alpacka's custom foam backand.
- Removable WW Deck – New for 2017, we are offering a Removable WW Deck that features same cockpit (cockpit, coaming, and skirt) as the standard Whitewater Deck but with the increased flexibility of a water resistant perimeter zipper allowing you to convert to an open boat for more relaxing days. The Removable WW Deck is a great choice for anyone seeking more protection than the Cruiser Deck, but wants some flexibility for a broader range of paddling conditions. If you are planning to paddle in significant whitewater or get cold easily, we still prefer the standard Whitewater Deck. All Removable Whitewater Deck Alpacka Raft models come with the Removable Whitewater Deck, 1-piece coaming, spray skirt, standard seat, and an inflatable backrest which can now be upgraded to Alpacka's custom foam backand.
- Cargo Fly – The Cargo Fly is the ultimate packraft gear storage solution. The three piece system utilizes an airtight and watertight zipper installed in the stern of the boat together with two gear storage dry bags which are clipped in place along the inside of the raft tubes. The system provides drier and more secure gear storage, improved paddling performance due to a lower center of gravity, quicker transitions from packrafting to hiking, and the internal dry bags act as additional balanced air chambers for increased safety (even over a two-chamber packraft) in the event of a puncture. The Cargo Fly is perfect for expeditions, whitewater performance, and keeping your gear dry in any conditions. All Alpacka Raft models with a Cargo Fly come standard with our Ultralight Internal Dry Bags (you can substitute our Standard Internal Dry Bags by including a note on your order at checkout).
Sizing and Specifications
Size L (Llama) - Best for paddlers 6'0"- 6'4" - Size XL (Mule) - Best for paddlers 6'4" - 6'8"
L (Llama), XL (Mule)
Boater Height - L (Llama) 6’0” – 6’4” - XL (Mule) 6’4” – 6’8”
Exterior Length - L - 259cm - XL - 267 cm
Exterior Width - L - 104cm - XL - 109cm
Interior Length - L - 132cm - XL - 137cm
Width at Hips - L - 35.5cm - XL - 38cm
Width at Foot - L - 25.5cm - XL - 33cm
(Configuration - Weight - Packed Size)
Open (OP) - 2.66kg - 15x56cm
OP/CF - 2.78kg - 15x56cm
Cruiser Deck (CR) - 3.18kg - 18x56cm
CR/CF6lb 3.29kg - 18x56cm
Whitewater Deck (WW) - 3.37kg - 20x56cm
WW/CF - 3.49kg - 20x56cm
Removable WW Deck (WR) - 3.57kg - 20x56cm
WR/CF - 3.69kg - 20x56cm
Self Bailer - 3.12kg - 18x56cm
SB/CF - 3.23kg - 18x56cm
(Configuration - Weight - Packed Size)
Open (OP) - 2.81kg - 18x56cm
OP/CF - 2.92kg - 18x56cm
Cruiser Deck (CR) - 3.37kg - 20x56cm
CR/CF6lb 3.49kg - 20x56cm
Whitewater Deck (WW) - 3.57kg - 23x56cm
WW/CF - 3.69kg - 23x56cm
Removable WW Deck (WR) - 3.74kg - 23x56cm
WR/CF - 3.86kg - 23x56cm
Self Bailer - 3.32kg - 20x56cm
SB/CF - 3.43kg - 20x56cm
*Weight includes all components except inflation bag, repair kit, and internal dry bags for cargo fly.
**Packed size is a reference measurement based on folding the boat in half lengthwise and rolling it up to fit in the stuff sack. There are many other methods of rolling and folding the boats that will result in a different packed size that may be more or less efficient for packing.